Friday, September 10, 2010

Ancient Finds!

I am beginning to like my new house. It's definitely a fixer upper. We just barely got electricity in the family room, and the fridge that came with the house is seriously ancient.
But... It's got a sort of vintage look about it.

These door handles make me so happy! They're like the ones you see on Alice in Wonderland!
All the doors in my house have knobs like this. Well... Except the ones with no knobs at all.


And I have a very interesting back yard. Our own outside stove!
(We make s'mores and hot dogs here)
I like to say my acre and a half backyard looks like a junkyard, there's scrap metal everywhere, in piles, scattered all over... It's not really a pretty thing to see.

But I have a gorgeous view of the foothills. And the sky.


I keep finding random vintage-like things all over my house! These Coke bottles were a nice find. Upstairs where my room is, I found several old fishing poles. Old! And some 1960's magazines. Those were way fun to look at.
I'm thinking I might like it here. I'm definitely a city girl but...
I like it here.




No comments:

Post a Comment