Monday, July 12, 2010

Strangers gather here.

Sometimes I wish I could take better pictures.











Today I was sitting at the bus stop, and there was a man sitting a few seats down.
I didn't think anything of it, until he started talking to me...
He said something about conspiracies from the government, and how the 9/11 attack was planned. Something about folding a twenty dollar bill and the Twin Towers show up.
I don't know it was weird.
Does this happen to anyone else?? Complete strangers that turn normal settings into something bizzare? That's the third stranger in the past week that started a conversation.
And don't get me wrong, I'm fine with it, just as long as they don't try anything else, but I find it just a tad weird. It's kind of scary, actually.
Like, what if one of these days I get a freak?
The guy today was normal, as far as I could tell, a little eccentric but harmless.
He started talking about how he works hard, and how lazy people are the ones who make America look bad.
What did I do to provoke that rant?
Not a single clue. He just went off.
He also said something about how perverts are the ones who made guys like him look bad.
"Like, what if a guy sees a beautiful girl on the street, maybe sitting at a bus stop, and he wants to talk to her? Thanks to the pervs out there, girls freak out."
Isn't that so true?
There's actually some everyday gentlemen out there. It's just hard to tell who.
I was at the ferry terminal, and that's not in a very good part of town, and there were all guys there, only one woman, a nurse by the looks of it.
And I got to thinking, If one of these guys saw a rape about to happen, or a kidnapping, how many would help? Save them I mean.
How many would be the ones trying to hurt someone?
How many would stop it?
But my faith in humanity is improving as of late.
There's some bad stuff out there. Obviously.
But I think there is still hope. Call me an optimist, if you will.



No comments:

Post a Comment