Friday, July 2, 2010

Just my luck.

Today, I decided to go on a mini-quest. I thought this would merely include going to a small park down the street with my brother, Bradley, to play Frisbee. Not so.

On the way there, I happened to look up a street we were passing, and I saw the entrance to a trail. I knew there was a nature park near my house, I just wasn't sure where it was. Well, I found it.

I convinced my brother to go explore it with me, and though he griped the whole way, he did. I was pretty excited, I've been dying to find some nature or SOMETHING to explore in my boring little Washington town. It actually was alot of fun.








It was kind of scary at first, we didn't know where we were going to end up, and two guys entered the trail right after we did, and the entrance was in a crappy part of town, so Bradley had his phone out the whole time. Scary!
But after a while I looked back and they were gone, so we both relaxed a bit more. We kept walking around, and I found some garbage, lucky me! I started picking up everything that was not organic, and for some reason, Bradley was very adverse to the idea. He gave me crap the whole time we were walking around...Don't know why, he probably thought I looked like a dork walking around with two hands full of garbage, how thoughtful he was looking out for my image! If not for the environment.




We found a creek, it was really really pretty, I was taking pictures when I spotted an aluminum beer can caught in some branches by the bank. I turned the camera off, waded over to the can, bent over to pick it up completely forgetting the camera in my pocket, and plunk! Down went the camera. It was one of those "Aw frick" moments. I snatched it out as fast as i could and started wiping it off with my sleeve.

I thought I could save it... Wrongo bongo. My camera that I've had for about 2 years now, has gone kaput. It won't turn on, so I'm doing extra chores to earn moneys to buy a new one. Half the point of my day is broken along with my camera.
And just this morning I had figured out how to set the camera for close ups. I had so many ideas, new things I was going to try out...And as I try to do a good deed, it falls in a creek. Just my luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment