Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Great News!

I found out today that my Grandma had her last chemotherapy! We found out she had a return of cancer about 3 months ago, and she's been going through chemo ever since and today was her last one!




She was so excited when she came up to me earlier, she had this huge smile on her face when she told me it was her last one, now all that needs to happen is surgery to take the tumor out, and the doctor to say she's cancer free.
She's come such a long, long way.


I can see the change in my family, we're all much closer, and almost losing Grandma made us all, no, made me realize how much I loved her.

You know the phrase, You don't know what you have till it's gone?

I'm glad I didn't have to lose my Grandma to find out how much she means to me. I figured it out before it was too late.
I spend more time with her, she's taught me how to make hats, dinner, clean a house, make fun of boys, and she's (almost) always on my side.
Her and my Grandpa are the perfect example of a married couple. They've been married almost 50 years, next year will be the Golden Anniversary, and they've never had a huge fight, never cheated, and I can tell just by watching them how much they love eachother. They'll be sitting on the couch together watching TV and my Grandma will just say, "I love you." And without skipping a beat, Papa will say, "Love you too, babe."
It gives me hope. Love can last! You just have to find the right one.
He's so protective of her too. I think that's the cutest thing, and he does whatever she wants, and vice versa. So darn cute.
And he's taken care of her, all through her cancer. He went to every chemo, and stayed with her, he won't leave her by herself at the house, he loves her. It's not a fleeting, hazy love, it's a profound one. And they were highschool sweethearts.
This gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment