Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dreams.

This morning I woke up with a slightly depressed feeling somewhere in my stomach. For a second I tried to remember why, and then...

Do you have dreams that seem so real, that when you wake up, it doesn't make anything better. Well. That was me this morning.

From what I can remember, my dream went like this:
I'm at my friend Joe's house, my dad is there and so is his mom.

It's almost time to go, and that's already sad all by itself, but to make things worse, my dad says something to his mom about me, about my past, that makes her flip out and start interrogating me. She sends Joe inside the house, and I don't get to say goodbye...
The questions continue, and then she leaves me outside.

For some reason, my dad has disappeared, and I'm left outside by myself. I start walking away, but I decide to go sit on their porch and wait for my dad to reappear.
Instead, Joe walks out of the house. We start talking and then he has to leave with his dad.
I don't see him again.
But his Mom calls me back inside the house, and she's being nice and cordial, so I'm thinking that things are ok. I'm helping to make dinner with her and Joe's sister.

And then the dream changes. I'm in a car driving to New York City. I have a car full of people, and we're driving through a desert type thing, with alot of hills.

And it's not a normal highway.

A voice from somewhere in the back of the car warns me about a huge dog thingy that I suppose roams the desert.
Don't say anything, it's my subconcious I tell you.

Right as I'm responding, the huge dog thingy jumps out from behind a huge rock structure, like those in the Grand Canyon, and start chasing us. I panic, as I can imagine many would, and start swerving all over the road trying to get rid of the dog.

And this dog is huge, like bigger than a car, it's monstrous.

I lose control of the car, and we go crashing through the gates that border the side of the road, the guard rail. The car is miraculously still running, and it starts bouncing down the hill, but staying upright. The dog is still chasing us, so I grab the wheel and turn the car around, but too hard, the car rolls down the rest of the way.

Huge red letters flash: GAME OVER
And I'm driving again, down the same highway, and the same voice warns me about the dog, but this time I'm ready. Right as the dog jumps out, I press my foot down on the gas and speed right through the legs. It starts chasing us but I have the headstart, and it gets farther and farther behind.

The next scene shows that we finally made it to New York City. I pull up to a one level apartment, but all the rooms that should have been there, are side-by-side, making it a very long apartment. I don't know how to explain it.

All the rooms are separate, but connected by a massive hallway. The hall is in the back, running down the length of the apartment.

Everyone in the car gets out, and starts taking their stuff into the apartment.

The next scene, I'm by myself in one of the rooms, and it's starting to rain.
Water starts coming in through muiltiple holes in the roof, and is flooding the apartment.

I grab some pots and pans and put them under the leaks, and run to the next room, looking for damage.

In every room I look in, there's some water damage, but not too bad, save for the second to last room; water is coming down in torrents, the room is already flooding.
I run out looking for another pot, or box, anything that can hold all the water coming through the roof. I look in all the rooms, which for some reason, are already cram packed with junk.

I find a huge pot, and run back to the second to last room, and shove it underneath the cascade.
Hoping the rain to stop soon, I run into the last room, and find it completely dry, and wouldn't you know it, sunlit.
I walk in, looking around and on the ceiling for water damage. Nothing.

I don't have time to investigate more, I run out and check on the other rooms. It's still raining and all the containers are overflowing.

Right as I start to get desperate, my family comes home, and the rain stops.

I don't say much, I just go back to the rooms and start emptying all the pots.
I turn around and Joe's standing in the doorway, holding a baby.

And that's where the dream ends, well, as I remember it.

And for some reason, this dream is really really bothering me...
It's the first time my thoughts that bother me while I'm awake bother me while I'm sleeping.
Even in my subconcious, she doesn't like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment