Saturday, December 18, 2010

Midnight Fairy Ball and Turbulent Flights

I had one heck of a Friday night. There was a dance, the Midnight Fairy Tale Ball, and then my epic journey across a couple states. But dance details first!

Girl's choice. Guess who I asked?
Logan, of course. I really like this kid, he's very grand. On the right is his sister, Sam and her boyfriend, Danny. They're both very funny, last night was the first time I really talked to Danny, and he is a very very funny young man.

"I'ma tie you to the back of my horse and drag you a quarter mile."

Just a quote from Danny, that was one of the funniest moments out of the whole night.

And this is my group of awesome people.
It goes: Danny and Sam.
Logan and me.
Will and Kylee.
Sina and Jeremy.

Quick story about Jeremy: He has a business face.
That's Jeremy's business face. I call it his Creeper Face.
We started talking about how people stereotype Idahoans, because apparently we all sit on our porches with shotguns and beers and yell at kids that touch our lawns.
Jeremy had something to add to this, he said that instead of beer, he would drink "fine wine" in hopes that that would refine the hick-vision.
We had a very fun time laughing our heads off at that.
"Ethel!! Bring the shotgun, the school bus is here!"

I like to take random quick pictures of people when they're not looking. Sometimes it works out, other times....Not so much. But I don't believe in embarrassing pictures under any circumstances, so I only keep the ones that are pretty or cute.
Sina looks a little surprised, yes? And Logan, as always, is prepared for the camera. I'm so jealous!

Kylee. She's so pretty! I loved her dress. And we had dinner at her house, her mom was SO nice and helped us make dinner (Ok, she made it all), and cleaned up after us.
I made sure we all said THANK YOU!

Will! He's a funny character. He and Kylee are together, they're very cute.


Last night was soo fun. The girls made dinner for the guys, fettuccine and salad, with garlic bread and ice cream for dessert. I haven't laughed so hard in a while, everyone was telling jokes and being silly, it was a great night.

And an added plus, I actually could fit into my dress!! I've had it for 4 years, and never worn it, except when I tried it on for the first time....and 4 years later it still fits. Brownie points to me.


I think I look a little too excited in this picture... Almost scary.

What do you think?
But I still think it's a good picture, Logan balances it out ;)
These are my girls. Kylee isn't in this picture cuz she was getting her hair ready, but she's there in thought.

Sam, me and Sina. (I did Sina's make up.)
The night was a success, but it definitely ended too soon.
I had to be home at 1 AM, to get my suitcase and catch my shuttle down to Salt Lake City airport at 2:20. I slept most of the way, but it wasn't comfortable at all.
Then once I got to the airport I stood in line to get my boarding pass, got through security, and right before I went through the metal detector, I saw an old friend! She was heading home to Washington, too. I see this as a major blessing in disguise because I had been so worried I would get lost in that big airport and she had been through it before so she helped me find the right gate. I'm so grateful!
Then, on the plane, I slept most of the time again... Then the turbulence came....
Scary stuff right there.
But I finally touched down on Washington soil and now I'm here. Christmas is soon, and I get to decorate another tree, and go Christmas shopping and wrap presents, and make cookies, and listen to music, two whole weeks of freedom!!!
Have a great week everyone :)

2 comments: