Monday, November 1, 2010

Ultimate Masterpiece

I like to think myself an upcoming artist. I'm not great at painting, or drawing, or making things. But I love to try anyways. I love how a paintbrush feels in my hand...

I love how every color is waiting to be spread across the page, made into a masterpiece...

I love how pastels feel in my fingers, and how much fun it is to smear and blend the colors!

And I love the colored pencils almost as much as painting. I love the sound of them clinking together, and how they smell.

(Is that weird?)

The thing I love the most though, is the final result of my efforts. How good my painting or drawing looks, to me. Again, I'm not great or anything, but I still like to try.

Something that totally awes me is this:
This is God's work. His Masterpeice. And I bet He didn't even have to try.
And so this is my theory: The Master...is my Father. Why can't He teach me? There's not a better teacher, anywhere. I can learn. It just takes patience. In all things.
Have an awesome week!




2 comments: