Sunday, December 16, 2012

Hola! 

it has been a while, but it feels good to be writing again. My goal for the next couple months is to find seemingly-worthy topics to talk about. 

So catch up time? 

I was living in Jackson Hole, WY for almost 2 years, and granted it's my idea of heaven, it's a very expensive heaven and also the perfect distraction from what I actually want to do with my life. 
But it is still heaven. I learned to snowboard there, and ya'll can call me a newb or noob, or however you trolls out there want to spell it, but I can shred some minor gnar. 
The people there are somewhat ridiculous though, you wouldn't believe how many rich snobs live in a quiet ski town. 
(Que the "duhhh".) It's quite upsetting at times. 
I spent most of my time working, and the last 6 months of my residency I was employed at a grocery store. Go ahead and snigger at my 'misfortune', but it actually wasn't so bad. 

Except for the rich snobs. And the dumbasses. Working in a grocery store made me acutely aware of exactly how long-gone common sense is. Sadly. 

I had one lady, on my first or second WEEK as a checker, throw an absolute fit because she had to bag HALF of her groceries. This is the kind of woman who is well into her thirties, maybe even beginning the next adventure of her forties, dressing like she's blessed enough to still be occupying her early twenties. 

I don't mean to sound rude but this woman was the fitting image of someone you just want to stuff full of cotton and light on fire. 
Oops, sounded rude again. I realize that isn't exactly 'kosher professional' in a work setting but Jackson is an extremely laid back town. Even the managers are a little more down to earth than you would hope for. The people in Jackson who don't have their heads lost up in their, ahem, NORMAL, HAPPY people in Jackson are some of the best people you will meet. 

Anyway, she was making a comment that were a lot of people talking about going on breaks and such and not enough people working. My Irish temper got the better of me and I snipped back, "We work a lot harder than you might think," and she quipped the epic lie, 
"I work 12 hours a day."
"Tanning?"

Silence. 

Later my manager came up to me with tears in his eyes from laughing, "She called you a bitch and requested your termination but I told her you were one of our best checkers." 
Priceless. 



No comments:

Post a Comment