Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Days Off

I love days off! I get two in a row weekly, it's absolute heaven, it's like my weekend.
Except my days off are Sunday and Monday. So it's like a weird, backwards weekend. But heaven all the same. I took the opportunity of my Monday off and walked around Jackson, I'm pretty sure I've seen every art gallery in town, every photography gallery, every sculpture gallery, every painting gallery, all of them.


But the beautiful thing is, I never get tired of it. Ever.


I walked into this particular gallery earlier, and I just had to giggle out loud out of sheer excitement. I was so happy to be there, right in that spot, that moment, I was totally content with where I was.
It was then I decided that art is what I want to do in life.


Especially photgraphy. I get so discouraged with my paintings and drawing, sometimes I really feel like throwing in the towel, and saying it's not for me.
But art is something I want to do. I want to be good at it, I want to be creative, I adimire those who can just create with their hands an idea that's in their minds.

I guess practice, practice, practice right?


I really, really love Jackson at night. It would be funner if more stores were open, cuz everything shuts down at 9 p.m or sooner, except like two or three stores. One of which is my own store, we close at 10 p.m.
But Jackson is gorgeous at night.
Lights.

I want to go hike to the top of that hill like I did on the 4th of July, just so I can see the lights.



So, today, I went tubing down Flat Creek.
My roommate had gone a few days ago and she came back with scrapes and bruises and horror stories, and so when I got invited to go today I was expecting exciting, adrenaline-inducing rapids the size of King Kong and exotic water pythons that could crush a grown man's skull, but instead...
I got a few low bridges, cold water and sore arms from trying to stay away from trees. 
Oh, and a sunburn that puts a tomato to shame.

Don't get me wrong, it was way fun. But not as exciting as I thought it would be.
There were a couple of drops though, but nothing to get too frightened over... Just very wet.
Afterwards, some of us went to get Thai food!



Leandro and Santiego. (I call him San-chago.)
Leandro is from Brazil. He's got the accent and everything, I think it's great.
San-chago is from.. Brain fart. I can't remember... It starts with an O... Or a B... It's not Boston... It's somewhere hot. And it's foreign. He's got an accent too.
Wow, that's really going to bug me. I can't remember where he's from...
Oh well. I'll remember. Eventually. 



Well, anyways, we went and got Thai food. It was yummy, I think it was the first time I ever had Thai food.
I was impressed. 




I had some noodle thing with peanuts in it, and a tortilla thing with salad stuff in it.




I love my descriptions, don't you?




I went and explored a thrift store today as well. I wasn't very impressed with it...
I'm a thrift store lover. I'd pick a thrift store over a mall any day. Any. Day.


But I did get like five new books, including a Calvin and Hobbes comic book! I love Calvin and Hobbes, oh goodness they make me laugh. They're so evil, it's funny.
I pray I don't get a child like that, because that would be karma right there. I drove my parents insane.
I was a sassy child. Still am, but that's beside the point.
 I remember countless lectures from my father on how I needed to "change my attitude", and quit rolling my eyes all the time and I still haven't grown out of that one, but I like to think my attitude has improved a little.
Well.. Probably not.

Oh days off are a gift from God. Tomorrow is back to work, but I'm not really complaining, I like my job.
Or rather, the people that come with the job that make it worthwhile and fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment