Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Treading Water Instead of Drowning

Sometimes when life gets challenging, when every day is a struggle to keep your head up, to pretend no one's ever hurt you, you tend to forget the beautiful things about life. 

I will be the first to admit to this. I have a bad habit of focusing on the negative, to look to the future with the wrong perspective and seeing nothing but darkness and hurt.
It's not a healthy thing to do. How can I expect to heal if I continue to dwell?
Simple answer: I can't. And I won't.


Life itself is beautiful.
It's people that make it hard, but it's our job to choose to see the good.
There is always something good about your day, no matter how hard it was, no matter how many tears have found their way down your face, no matter what, something beautiful happens everyday.

I find that dwelling does no good at all... It just makes everything worse!
I'm an absolute believer that everything in this life happens for a reason.
I just have a hard time accepting it's for the better when it's something I didn't want to happen.
But I feel every day getting easier. I find it easier to look away, find something else to think about, something new to laugh at, smile about, I'm realizing there is more to life.

Some of my favorite quotes that get me through tough situations:

"The wrong one is the right one to lead you to the best one."

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was."

"It's crazy right? To love someone who's hurt you. It's even crazier to think that someone who hurt you...
Loves you."

"One day, you're going to realize just how special she was. And when you do, she'll be walking hand-in-hand with the guy who already knew."

"No matter how badly your heart is broken, the world does not stop for your grief."

I'm sure most people know what I mean when I say, this week, I feel like I'm treading water instead of drowning in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment